Anniversary Dinner Part Two: Pomegranate and Parmesan Salad November 11 2014, 0 Comments
Now back to the food!!
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1/2 small jicama, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. Wash, pat dry and divide leaves evenly onto a plate.
- 2. Top with pomegranate seeds, cheese, jicama, and salt/pepper to taste
- 3. Add desired amount of Creme Fraiche dressing or for a healthier choice use balsamic vinegar
Seriously, this was the easiest salad ever!
I Love how much color the pomegranates added!
As you can see the we didn't add the dressing directly onto our salad. One of my favorite tried and true tips is to always dip your fork into the dressing and then put the salad onto your fork that way you get all the flavor but save a ton of calories!
- 2.5 tablespoons of creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 scallion, white part only, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Chop or mince scallion
- 2. whisk together creme fraiche, olive oil and honey.
- 3. Add in scallions, vinegar, and salt/pepper to taste.
- 4. Use with pomegranate and parmesan salad!
- Add more salt, pepper or vinegar to desired taste
This salad dressing was surprisingly light, creamy and indulgent! I think this is the perfect dressing for the holidays when you are wanting something on the healthier side but you know the rest of your family or party isn't worried about eating healthy that day! This recipe does make quite a bit and is super flavorful I doubt we even ate 1 tablespoon combine, there is definitely enough leftovers to last a couple of days!