Baked Egg and Avocado December 15 2014, 0 Comments
- Most of the original recipes say 12 minutes, mine took almost 20 minutes to fully cook the egg (and mine was still slightly running)… maybe they were going for sunny side up?
- You have to scoop out quite a bit of the inside of the avocado (almost more than I wanted too) and the whole egg still wouldn’t fit in there, some of the yolk… probably half, ran over the side of the avocado.
- Get large avocados and large eggs instead of extra large
- Possibly scramble the egg before pouring it into the avocado for even cooking
- Bake for 15-20 minutes!!
On a morning when I am very busy I will just stick to my scrambled eggs with sliced guacamole but if I was having guests or a breakfast party it would be easier to make a bunch of these and bake them all at once and the presentation is super cute!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large avocado
- salt & pepper
- optional: vegan cheese (I used daiya) or you can use a sprinkle of regular cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- 2. Cut an avocado lengthwise in half, remove the pit and scoop out a little of the avocados center to fit in the egg.
- 3. Crack and pour the egg into the avocado half, repeat the other half of the avocado, season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked. The last few minutes place cheese on top of the egg to melt.
- 5. Enjoy!!
- * YOUR NUTRITION FACTS ARE GOING TO BE LOWER DUE TO REMOVING SOME OF THE AVOCADO AND POSSIBLY NOT USING ALL OF THE EGG :)