Balsamic brussel sprouts & broccoli stir-fry December 16 2014, 0 Comments
Sometimes creativity just happens on its own and sometimes I have to try and force it but this brussel sprout and broccoli recipe kinda just happened and I am not complaining! It started with a basic idea for a sweet vegetable stir-fry but as the cooking process started I just couldn’t stop adding in ingredients and I am so happy with the way it turned out!! I know I claim a lot of my recipes are easy and the truth is… THEY ARE!! The hardest part about cooking is having the right ingredients on hand (that is why preplanning meals for the week is so important and my grocery list can help inspire you!) and just start experimenting in the kitchen! It is really hard to make a recipe inedible (although I have been there a couple of times). If you love broccoli, bell peppers and onions, cut the ingredients up and sauté them on low to medium heat (to control how fast the veggies are cooking). Once the vegetables are at your desired ‘doneness’ (is that a word?!), remove from heat and add whatever non-cooked ingredients you like (nuts, fruits, dried fruits, and/or cheeses) and toss with your favorite dressing and serve! The only way I can stick to a healthy lifestyle is to make my food taste good and to accomplish that you have to find flavors and seasonings you like or just learn from my experiences on this blog ;) What are some of your favorite stir-fry combos?!
- 1/2 pound of raw broccoli
- 1/2 pound of brussel sprouts, de-stemed and halved
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of pecans
- 1 small apple, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey mustard
- 1. Wash, de-stem and half brussel sprouts
- 2. Heat skillet to medium heat and add in brussel sprouts, broccoli and onions.
- 3. Sauté vegetables until done and then add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 4. In a small mixing bowl add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey mustard and mix with a whisk until combine.
- 5. Add the chopped apple, pecans, dressing and salt/pepper into the vegetables and mix until combine.
- 6. Serve!
- *Cut large broccoli in half to cook evenly