Instead of over doing it on pizza, chicken wings and nachos- try these beef skewers! Tons of flavor without the guilt! These are fun and easy to make and manly enough to please the tough guy in your life!
- ½ pound of extra lean beef round stew meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 medium size onion or 1 tbsp chopped onion seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Tony Chachere's Salt Free Seasoning
- Sliced green, yellow, red and orange peppers-cut into thick short squares (these will be used in between each cubed meat on the skewer)
- Sliced red onion, cut in thick squares
- Cut onions and peppers into thick short squares
- Place beef in a bowl, add salt, pepper, teriyaki sauce, garlic, chopped onion, mix well, cover mixture and marinade overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Place a cube of beef onto skewer, then a pepper, another cube, then an onion and so on till skewer is full. I placed 4 cubes on each skewer and 4 vegetables. If your skewers are bigger, add more meat and veggies till covered.
- Drizzle olive oil onto grill pan, with a brush or paper towel, spread olive oil all over pan to make sure it's completely coated. Turn grill pan on medium heat.
- Place 2 skewers on grill pan, grill each side for ~ 3-4 minutes, for ~ 10 minutes total or until done
You can also use chicken cubes instead of beef for this recipe or use both on each skewer! Love, Marla
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.