Best Alcoholic Drinks to Ring in the New Year! December 31 2013, 0 Comments
Celebrate your New Year's with these low calorie alcoholic drinks! Liquid calories can add up fast but this doesn't mean you have to completely avoid them. Yes... alcohol tends to be high in calories and not so waistline friendly BUT there are better choices!! Below you will find some of my favorite go-to drinks for a night you won't wake up feeling guilty about.
- Vodka with club soda and a lime: 1 shot of vodka approximately 100 calories. Use club soda instead of tonic (tonic has calories and sugar, club soda does not) and add lime to taste
- Raspberry infused vodka (1 shot), club soda (5 oz), splash of cranberry (I love light and all natural), and a lime wedge. For a sweeter version, add 1/2 packet Stevia
- ½ oz Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, fill glass with Cava champagne (4 oz), add two blueberries, two raspberries, and brown sugar rim (optional)
- Skinny girl margarita: 5 oz has 125 calories
- 1 glass of wine (standard glass of wine is 5 oz) has approximately 125 calories
- On average, 1 can or bottle of beer has approximately 100 calories. Keep in mind that the alcohol content in beer is a lot less than wine or a mixed drink. Because the alcohol content is lower, you might drink 2-3 times more than a wine drinker or cocktail drinker and consume 2-3 times the amount of calories.
- In general, 1 jigger or 1 1/2 fluid oz of 80 proof liquor has approximately 100 calories (amount used in 1 cocktail drink). When ordering a drink at a bar or making your own drink at home, always avoid the sugary, calorie induced pre-made mixers. Instead, use natural ingredients. Don't be afraid to ask the bartender to use these ingredients instead of the mixers!
- Avoid creamy beverages like balieys irish cream and white russians these are VERY high calorie. 1.5 oz or one shot has 147 calories!! Below is what 147 calories look like- NO THANK YOU!
- If your New Year's Eve plans involve dancing the night away, you'll burn on average 300 calories in 1 hour!!
- Toast the New Year with a glass of champagne! 1 glass has about 90 calories.