- 1 can of red beans
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
Ingredients for Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 cloves garlic or 2.5 tsp of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- Dash of Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
Instructions cauliflower rice: 1. Fill large 6 quart pot with 2 inches water. Add Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base to the water, stir until dissolved.
2. Place vegetable steamer in pot, set heat on hight and bring to boil.
3. While waiting for water to boil, wash cauliflower and cut up cauliflower into small pieces 4. Add cauliflower and a pinch of salt to vegetable steamer. Cover and steam until soft (6-8 minutes).
5. While cauliflower is steaming, add butter and garlic to a sauté pan, set on medium heat, stir well until melted, turn heat to low.
6. Drain cauliflower, pat dry and place in a food processor
7. Add pepper, onion powder, olive oil, garlic and butter to food processor or mixer 8. Process everything until rice like consistency.
Instructions for Red Beans: 1. In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil. 2. Add onions and garlic, mix and cook until tender 3. Add beans, seasonings and diced tomatoes. Stir well 4. Add 1/2 cup water to pot and 2 tsp of Better Than Bouillon Beef Base, bring to boil 5. Reduce heat to simmer 6. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes 7. Remove pot from heat and mix in cauliflower rice. Stir well
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
March Madness Swap! Instead of the standard red beans and rice, try my newest recipe that I cooked up at Williams-Sonoma this weekend! Everyone loved this recipe and was shocked to find out I used cauliflower instead of rice and I think you will be pleasantly surprised as well! Enjoy! Entire recipe makes 10 servings Nutrition content per serving: 130 calories, 5 grams of protein, 12.6 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, and 3.42 grams of fat Ingredients for Red Beans: