Cauliflower Tortillas! March 19 2014, 1 Comment
I have to pat myself on the back for how great these cauliflower tortillas turned out. But, I have to admit that it took a few tries to get this recipe just right. I almost gave up but I was determined...I was tired of eating my fajitas without a tortilla, so wI knew this was the solution!! Replace your flour, wheat and corn tortillas with these cauliflower tortillas and you'll dramatically cut your carbs and calories! Plus, remember this is a vegetable so this recipe is very filling unlike your typical tortillas. This isn't a quick and easy recipe, but it's fun to make and the results are incredible! Whole recipe makes 6 tortillas Nutrition facts per tortilla: 60 calories, 2 grams of fat, 7.25 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of protein, and 3.6 grams of fiber Ingredients:
- 2 heads cauliflower (this needs to make 2 cups packed once cauliflower is riced!)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and cut up cauliflower
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and blend until rice like consistency, when you are finished you need to have two cups packed of cauliflower to have enough for the tortillas!
- Then place cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes
- Take cauliflower out of the microwave, stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes
- Once cauliflower is finished in the microwave, use a paper towel to remove as MUCH extra water as you can!!
- Add cauliflower rice, 2 eggs, salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, shape cauliflower into tortillas (about 5 inches round) and place on to parchment paper covered baking sheet. You can make about 6 small circles
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then carefully flip cauliflower over and bake again for another 5-7 minutes
- Then on a stovetop, heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil spray. Place cauliflower tortilla on skillet for few minutes; press down firmly on the tortilla with a spatula to brown and slightly crisp. Flip and repeat on the other side.
What do yall think?!? Do you want to try this recipe?!!