Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding January 22 2015, 2 Comments
I can’t say enough good things about chia seeds and after you hear about all of the benefits and ways to use chia seeds you will love them too! Origin: Chia seeds come from a plant dating back to Mayan and Aztec cultures. These cultures used chia seeds as ‘energy boosters’ and they were known for providing strength. Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole grain food that our body recognizes as a seeds. The benefits are endless:
- Contain protein, fiber, omega fatty acids, carbohydrates and vitamins/minerals.
- Protein and fiber to help regulate blood glucose and keep us full
- Omega 3 fatty acids that lower risk of hear disease and protect against inflammation.
- Protein pancakes
- Greek yogurt
- Vegetable stir fry
- Fruit salad
Chia Seed Pudding
Prep Time: 5 min
- 3 tablespoons of raw chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk (to make this recipe thicker use 3/4 cup of almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla into a bowl and stir consistently for about one minute, cover and place into the frigde for at least 15 minutes or overnight. In the morning remove the chia seeds from the fridge and stir in the vanilla and top with your favorite toppings! Enjoy!