People’s reactions to overnight oats crack me up! It is either an extreme love or hate! For me personally I definitely love them, I love them because they are healthy, easy and you can make them taste like anything! I’ve had a couple of people tell me that they can’t stand the texture or eating cold oatmeal just isn’t their thing and if you are one of them then this post is not for you but that is what I love about nutrition! Every client has different eating preferences, allergies, schedules and like food-isms’ they are bringing to the table and I love getting to be the one to help them sort it all out! I feel like a private investigator every time I meet with a new client, I LOVE getting to the bottom of what they need to change/edit in their diet and the most awesome part is when those small changes are that little push they needed and it’s like a light bulb went off! All my clients come from different walks of life from families, singles, careers, religious preferences, medical needs, vegans, athletes, kids, retirees, people who love to cook to people, who hate to cook, I love them all and work never feels like working because this is what I do for fun! Now is it time for that new recipes…. My next adventure with overnight oats! Leave your thoughts on them below I would love to hear if you love or hate these guys!
Chocolate raspberry overnight oats
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- tablespoon of decadent blend cocoa and coconut flaxseed
- tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of my raspberry jam recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients into a sealable container, stir well and place into the refrigerator overnight. In the morning you can eat them cold but since this one has chocolate I heated it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes so the chocolate could melt down :) Eat and enjoy!
- I find that this recipe makes ALOT of overnight oats for one seating so you can divide the recipe by two and make smaller portions or just eat half one day and half the next!
'Feed me and tell me I'm pretty' -Overnight oats I love adding a little bit of sweetness to my breakfast options sometimes. When you are trying so hard to stick to the plan but find yourself craving sweets I will make something like these overnight oats so I CAN indulge but stay on the plan! Guys you know I am loving the pink color!
Now it is time to tell me your thoughts on overnight oats! Is it a love or a leave?