Creamy Avocado Dip! June 25 2014, 0 Comments
I love keeping main dishes simple but adding flavor in a big way with sauces and dips! This creamy guacamole dip will remind you of the yummy green sauces served at Mexican food restaurants but instead of adding heavy cream sauce or ranch, I choose plain greek yogurt.... and no one would ever know the difference! I was dancing in the kitchen after whipping up this recipe because it is just too good to not celebrate! This recipe makes a ton of sauce so it is perfect to take to parties and events or just enjoy poolside!
- 2 Avocados
- 6 oz of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Slice avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the avocado into a bowl
- Finely chop up the cilantro and the onions (I love this food chopper below for small jobs and it makes for quick chopping and easy clean up)
- Add chopped onions, greek yogurt, cilantro, salt and juice from one lime into the bowl with the avocado.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor, even a hand mixer works well.
- Blend until desired consistency and enjoy!