Easy Baked Chicken December 30 2014, 2 Comments
When people tell me that they eat out every night or grab fast food because ‘it’s easy’ I always feel soooo shocked… Let me get this right, you would prefer after working all day to pull off the rode, wait in line, deal with another human who will probably drive you nuts, order unhealthy food, finally get your order- which is usually wrong or cold- and then sit back in traffic to get home and eat lousy food?!?! How is that easy?!!! I must be the ultimate lazy person because I prefer to get off, come RIGHT home, throw everything in a foiled baking dish (so no clean up), and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes while I am relaxing on the couch! Now the only extra prep required on my end is making sure I have the ingredients I need before my week starts, so every Sunday I usually purchase 2-3 packs of chicken, 1 packet of pork-chops and a fun pack of either steaks, buffalo or turkey for variety (my husband eats leftovers for lunch). If you shop right, once a week is definitely enough!! One of my all time favorite quotes (and I know I have used it before) is, “Work smarter, not harder”. If you can just spend a little time thinking through your week and what tools we need to be successful before your week starts you will be shocked you ever thought ‘fast-food’ was really fast! Now on to today’s easy baked chicken recipe!!! When looking back through the old recipes I have posted I realized I haven’t ever shared the most cooked recipe in our house!!! How could I have over looked that?! This recipe is a staple, it takes me under 30 minutes total to make from start to finish and about 3 minutes to throw together. I usually pair this main dish with a side of steamed or grilled vegetables and quinoa.. easy-pezie!!
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast, organic
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- A heavy hand of Rachael Ray's perfect poultry seasoning grinder (ingredients: sea salt, onion, black peppercorns, sage, rosemary, thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking dish with foil.
- Pour the olive oil onto the foil and add in the chicken, garlic and seasonings. Mix throughly with hands. Spread chicken out evenly on the baking dish and place in the oven for 18-25 minutes depending on size of chicken (we use smaller strips so my cook time is usually only 18 minutes).
- Remove from oven and serve hot!!
- *I like to make 1-2 pounds so we have leftovers for lunch or the next night, you could also cook enough chicken to last you the whole week!
- *The nutrition facts are still over estimating at the bottom!! This recipe is very low carbohydrate and lower calories as well... I will continue to work on this!!
I purchased this Rachael Ray perfect poultry seasoning (I purchased the whole set but the poultry seasoning is my favorite- you can find it for individual sale at Amazon) on a whim to see if it was any good and I loved it!! I don't love the fact that it isn't organic but for the meantime, I will live!!! What are your favorite seasonings?!
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking dish with foil. Use a tablespoon or a sprinkle of olive oil and then add the chicken, garlic and seasonings, using your hands (easiest way!), combine all ingredients and line the baking dish. Place in the oven for 18-25 minutes depending on size of chicken breasts. We use small chicken tenders so they only cook for about 18 minutes, at most! This might not the prettiest dish but it is soo tasty and soo easy!! The number one way to like eating chicken is to find seasoning you like! I am a sucker for rosemary so any time I find a seasoning with rosemary I give it a try! Trust me you will be addicted to this super easy recipe! Miss Bear is head of the Blonde Pantry fan club and she runs a tight ship!Love, Marla