Grilled Shrimp Spring Salad July 29 2016, 0 Comments
I can just picture it now: me on the coast of Italy with a drink in my hand and this perfect summer salad heading to my table in the hands of some good looking Italian man….. Okay so the Italian coast thing won’t be happening again for a very long time, it’s Thursday morning and I have to work so there’s no drink, and I am married sooo the Italian waiter thing won’t be happening either. BUT the salad can definitely happen so I guess 1 out of 4 isn’t too bad, stay positive people!
The only good thing about summer time being sooo hot in Houston it that it really does zap your appetite for overly indulging, I mean who wants to be ridiculously hot and sweaty AND uncomfortably full? Not this girl! So let’s keep these summer dishes light and fresh, not only to help your waistline but also to help us beat the heat!
- 1 pound of raw shrimp
- 4 cups of spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on the stove to medium-high heat. Add the raw shrimp into a small mixing bowl and add in a touch of olive with salt and pepper to taste, mix around until well combine. Once the skillet is hot, add in the shrimp. While the shrimp is cooking, wash and chop all of the vegetables and plate. Also, combine the dressing ingredients into a jar and mix well, set aside. Flip the shrimp to the other side and sauté until the shrimp are pink! Then plate the shrimp on top of the salad and add in the dressing, serve hot and enjoy!
Nutrition facts per serving: 263 calories, 19g of fat, 17g of protein, 7g of carbs, 1g fiber