- Canola, flax and soybean oils
- Oily fish (herring, mackerel, salmon, trout, tuna)
- Omega 3 eggs!
Examples of polyunsaturated omega 6’s are:
- Corn, canola, olive, peanut, safflower, soybean, sunflower oils
Monounsaturated fats (omega 9’s) are:
- Canola, olive, safflower, sunflower and peanut oils
- Some poultry
- 1 head of kale
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup of pitted kalamata olives (diced)
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (or any type of nut will do)
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- Wash the kale and shred leaves with hands.
- Chop olives, onion, and walnuts as small as possible.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice up the avocado into thin slices or cubes.
- Top salad with olives, onions, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, chia and mix well!
All of the ingredients! First thing is first! Wash the kale! I love using my salad washer! Then chop up all the vegetables and ingredients that need chopping! Walnuts anyone? I love these guys on my salads! Then add all toppings! And since this salad is so pretty go ahead and take a photo for instagram :) Mix well and enjoy!!! Tomorrow I will be creating the PERFECT dressing to go along with this kale salad!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Not all fats are created equal and I LOVE eating healthy fats and incorporate them into my diet on the regular! Good fats improve cholesterol levels, decrease risk of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, improve vitamin absorption and promote cell development. We need a variety of omega 3's, 6's an 9's in our diet because they all play different roles in the body and work together to keep us healthy! The American Heart Association recommends we eat 15-25 percent of our daily calories from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats (omega 3's, 6's, & 9's) and since they are so tasty that is perfectly fine with me! Polyunsaturated fats are the best fats around (think omega 3’s and 6’s) and examples of the omega 3’s are:
Also in The Blonde Pantry Blog