Skinny Strawberry Margarita & Ice May 20 2015, 0 Comments
Not only are these ice ball molds cute they are also super helpful! Instead of getting watered down drinks I am able to add a fun and tasty element that not only serves a purpose but fixes a problem! All I did was add pureed fruit (strawberries with the juice of one lime) and water into the molds and froze them over night! They molds are large enough that you could also add the ice into a big pitcher for a large party! Ryan couldn't help to think about using the molds in his scotch after I am done with them but that is none of my business...
(please tell me there are others out there who love the kermit memes as much as I do)!
This is what the molds looked like right before I put them into the freezer. You can add whatever fruit you would like and then you put the top part of the mold on and fill the rest with water through the small hole on the top!
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (they can be frozen as well)
- juice from 1 or 2 limes
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and process until pureed. Then pour the puree into the ice molds place the top of the molds and add in water to the top until full. Then place the trays ingot he freezer and freeze until ready!
Now on to that great drink to go along with our yummy ice molds! These drink markers are also fabulous because they are plastic, stick straight to your glass and are easy to reuse for events to come. Usually when I drink margaritas I feel terrible, bloated and have a sugar crash later on but these margaritas are all REAL fruit, sparkling water with tequila... what's not to love?! You can't even tell the ice molds are in this drink!
These drink markers are just so cute and come with a variety of colors!
- 2 cups of strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of ice
- juice from 1 large orange
- juice from 1-2 limes
- 12 oz of sparkling water
- 2-3 oz of clear tequila
- In a food processor or a blender add in the strawberries, orange and lime juice and ice and puree until well blended. Then pour into two separate glasses, add in sparkling water and tequila, garish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
What do you think of this amazing recipe and all the fun kitchen gadgets?!
**This recipe and products are provided by a partnership with Mastrad but as always these opinions and ideas are my own.