Tasty Tuesday: Skinny Chocolate Protein Pancakes! July 08 2014, 2 Comments
Pancakes are always a yummy choice but the fact that these pancakes are on the healthier side of things is even better!! This recipe makes 7 pancakes (!!) and I love whipping up a batch ahead of time and eat 1-2 pancakes in the morning (or as a snack)! One of my favorite ways to eat them is by putting 2 pancakes in the microwave in the morning and right when they come out, good and hot, add 1
heaping tablespoon of almond butter and turn my pancakes into a almond butter pancake sandwich.... trust me you won't regret trying this!
- 1 scoop chocolate Designer Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp agave for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except for agave in a food processor.
- Process until well mixed and smooth
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil cooking spray to skillet
- Add 1/4 cup scoop of pancake batter to pan and cook until the sides of the pancake start to turn up and then flip pancake to the other side and cook for a few more seconds. Continue to do this until you've used all the batter
- Top with fresh fruit and/or add a tbsp agave!