Thanksgiving Menu: Pomegranate and Pear Salad November 20 2014, 2 Comments
- Seeds: raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, seasame seeds, pomegranate seeds
- Fruit: apples, pears, organge slices, strawberries, bluberries, grapefruit slices
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pine nuts
The list of toppings is endless!! Since nuts and seeds can last for a long time, I usually have most of the toppings listed above in my kitchen to avoid getting bored or burned out eating the same salad everyday! Today's salad is inspired by the fall, pomegranate and pear, to help set the tone for the Holidays!
- 1 box of organic spring mix
- 1 Bosc pear, sliced
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Djion mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry spring mix and top with pear slices, pomegranate seeds and pecans.
- Toss with dressing and enjoy!!