Thanksgiving Menu: Pumpkin Parfait November 24 2014, 0 Comments
Today I am wrapping up the Thanksgiving menu with one of my favorite things: Dessert!!! What makes this dish on the healthier side is the wholesome ingredients and the individual portion sizes! By the time dessert rolls around I am usually overly stuffed but just can’t resist topping off Thanksgiving with something sweet and these individual portions are perfect!! We used small wine glasses but for even smaller portions you can also use dipping sauce bowls or candle votives! We made our own whipped cream but to save time you can purchase organic vanilla pudding, pumpkin bread and Carmel sauce from Whole Foods, Central Market or any grocery that sells organic ingredients! Even though these are not ingredients I use in my everyday cooking, on the Holidays I give myself some slack to indulge!
- 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding (I use an organic brand), chilled
- 2 cups of homemade whip cream
- 8 slices of pumpkin bread ( 1 small loaf), cubed
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup of carmel sauce (melted carmel), add additional sauce if desired
- Small container of pumpkin butter (optional)
- Layer the ingredients into 8-12 small serving containers.
- First layer the the pudding, whipped cream, and pumpkin bread. Then add a dollop of whipped cream, pumpkin butter, Carmel sauce and walnuts.
- Use organic ingredients!!
- To save time purchase ingredients from Whole Foods or Central Market Bakery department.
- This dessert can be stored in the fridge for up to two hours before serving.
My Aunt Mika whipping up the homemade vanilla pudding!
My nephew Michael loves the mixer, he is always either helping out or making a mess, either way it is adorable!
I love using my Aunt's kitchen appliances, this old fashion grinder is too cute!
My Aunt Mika already had the cutest set-up ready for when I got there, she is a real life Martha Stewart
The homemade whip cream is ready to go!
The pumpkin bread sliced up, whip cream and pudding ready to be layered!
This dessert was absolutely amazing!!
You will love this dessert because it is very easy to throw together and tastes like you spent all week in the kitchen!!What are some of your favorite healthy dessert options for Thanksgiving?! Love, Marla