I know it's summertime and soup may not sound very good when the temperature is scorching outside. But, I promise this soup is perfect, no matter how hot it is outside! My recipe isn't hard to make but I wanted to warn you that it does take time to chop up all your vegetables. Cut the time in half by using rotisserie chicken and buying pre-cut vegetables which are usually available in the produce at your grocery store. Another way to reduce time is to use a mandolin to chop up all your veggies. Even though this recipe may take time to prepare, it does make quite a but so you'll be able to eat on it for about 7 days!
- 1 container chicken broth about 32 oz
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced (remove seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Spray Dutch oven with olive oil spray, heat on medium-high heat
- Add chicken (cut into small cubes) to Dutch oven and cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- While the chicken is cooking, chop up vegetables and mince garlic
- Add chicken broth, chopped vegetables, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, chili powder and cumin to the crock pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes
- When soup is ready, garnish with cheese and diced avocado!
- Sprinkle of Mexican blend shredded cheese and 1/2 an avocado for topping!
Nothing makes your house smell better than cooking soup!!!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.