Urban Harvest Farmer's Market January 18 2016, 0 Comments
Pastas, Olive oils, Kobe beef, Fruits/vegetables, Prepared foods/sweets, Herbs/spices/seasonings, Eggs, Poultry, Vegan desserts, Italian food, Orchids, Wine, Coffee, Crepes, Popcorn, Lavender, Bison, Seafood, Macaroons, Tamales, Honey, Soaps, Cheeses, and Breads!! Here is some advice… don’t eat before you go! One of the things that caught me off guard the first time I went was how many food vendors and restaurants are there selling amazing food and drink options! One of my favorite spots to hit up is the Ripe Food truck!! I ordered the avocado toast just expecting the traditional toast and avocado with some lemon juice but this avocado toast came fully loaded and on a completely different level!! I should have known it was going to be amazing though because it is owned by a fellow registered dietitian and that girl knows her stuff!There are so many amazing vendors at Urban Harvest but here is the short list of a few personal favorites:
- Ripe Food Truck- Amazing healthy food with unexpected flavors (fellow RD owner)
- Sustainable Harvesters- AMAZING out of this world fresh lettuces and spring mixes (co-owned by a friend from my high school)
- Underbelly- local restaurant that has a menu to die for!!
- Sinfull Bakery- vegan baked goods and over the top cinnamon rolls (the only reason my husband jumps in the car to come to the farmers market).
- Any of the seafood, poultry, eggs and beef vendors- what is better than local protein!!